Launch of the new website

After having used WordPress for a couple of years now, it was time for a change. WordPress is a beast and I realized that I didn’t require a omnipotent CMS for just a couple of pages that are more or less static. More importantly, maintaining WordPress and not being able to use it from my favourite text editor was getting more and more painful. I therefore decided to switch to Hugo, which is a powerful, but entirely static, website generator. What’s best, since I’m a passionate user of Emacs and org-mode, I can do the writing in org-mode and export it to Hugo-compatible markdown with ox-hugo.

There are still a few things that don’t work as expected or that do not work at all (e.g. the import of BibTeX entries). But so far I’m really happy with the integration into my general workflow and also the speed of the website.