I’m postdoc researcher in project A02 of the CRC991 at the University of Düsseldorf. My research is concerned with various aspects of natural language processing and grammar theory (see below).
Furthermore, I’m coordinating the new Bachelor in Computational Linguistics at the department for computational linguistics at the University of Düsseldorf. Formerly, I was a member of Laura Kallmeyer’s Emmy Noether project at the University of Tübingen.
- grammar formalisms (Tree Adjoining Grammar)
- grammar engineering (metagrammars; feature logics and description systems; lexical encoding formats; cloud-based implementation)
- syntax-semantics interface (valency; modification; secondary predication; idiomaticity)
- frame semantics
- phenomena (multi-word expressions; secondary predicates; coherent constructions; ellipsis; negative polarity)
- incremental parsing
- corpus linguistics (identification of multi-word expressions)
- I’m developer at Language Science Press